[gradsusr] plotting station and model time series

Mira Losic mlosic at envsci.rutgers.edu
Sat Nov 6 14:30:20 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to plot both WRF-ARW model output as a time series and station
data on the same plot and I'm running into some strange problems.  I have
no problem plotting each separately, but when I try and plot them together
(open both ctl files and refer to each their variables as T and T.2 for
example) I get an error saying that there are no stations to plot.
The lat and lon ranges are declared only once and match exactly the
station data lat and lon.
If I do the same thing, opening several ctl files, but for different WRF
files only (no station data), the T, T.2, T.3 method works just fine.
Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to skip time steps (say, display
every other time step) for a station data file?  The 'skip' function only
works for gridded data.

Below is the relevant sample of my script for my first question.

reinit
*what file to open
open BASERUN_StationVars.ctl
open RUN2_StationVars.ctl
open RankinInlet.ctl  ***(this is my station data file)***

*set projection, display background, and resolution of background
set display color white
set mpdset hires
set mproj nps

*rankin inlet