[gradsusr] Command produces a PNG image with transparent color 0 and a background image NE.png

Andrew Revering andy at f5data.com
Thu Nov 4 22:08:10 EDT 2010

I don't have any direct answers, but some troubleshooting options you could
try.

- First.I just want to make sure the files are local and you're not using
web URLs for their full paths in the command.

- I didn't verify, but I'm assuming the two images have the same exact
dimensions?

- Maybe try saving the PNG as a JPG or BMP image..perhaps the format of the
image (bit) is causing issues.

- I'm assuming -t 0 applies to the output being placed on the background,
and not on the background itself. It doesn't make sense that it would be
that way, but perhaps having the -t 0 option before the -b command would
make a difference?

With this said, I believe I had trouble doing this myself. I ended up
writing external code to do some things similar. But you may want to look at
OpenGrads' gxyat command. I don't recall if it has a background image
option, but it may be something to check out. I know that the images are
much smoother and nicer  looking, but file sizes will be much larger if
that's a concern.

I'd be interested to hear what the solution ends up being as I'm sure I'll
want to do this at some point myself.

Andy