[gradsusr] How to write monthly station data on 0.5°X0.5° grid

Michael Fiorino Michael.Fiorino at noaa.gov
Tue May 4 20:19:07 EDT 2010

Thiago,

there are two grads function to interpolate or 'analyze' station data to
a grid:

1) oacres  -- Cressman successive scan analysis; and one i wrote:
2) oabin  -- 'bin' the obs in a grid box(is the ob inside the box?  if
so accumulate and the set the grid point value to the mean)

see the grads doc:
http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gadocindex.html

ciao ciao,  mike

On 5/4/10 5:43 PM, Thiago Veloso wrote:
>   Arlindo,
>
>   I'm also interested in the anwser to your problem. I have a similar
one: I need to interpolate irregular station data to a regular grid of
8x8km, but I don't know how to properly import the station ASCII data
into GrADS and perform a interpolation method (probably kriging?)...

>   Please let me know if you find a solution...
>
>   Best regards,
>
>   Thiago.

read the data using a FORTRAN code but I do not know how to transform
these irregular data to a regular grid (0.5°X0.5°).