[gradsusr] Regridding/Replace Value Question

Andrew Revering andy at f5data.com
Fri Jun 11 18:27:19 EDT 2010

This is perfect -- EXCEPT -- that what I'm doing is actually using GrADS (or
maybe its OpenGrads, I'm not sure) to regrid the data into a new netCDF
file. I'm not using GrADS itself for display until after I've combined
several NetCDFs into one large NetCDF file. The point of this is so that I
can properly overlay data at the same points (radar data..overlaying
overlapping radar sites).

. so right now I'm looking at the data and choosing which value to use at a
specific coordinate given multiple radar sites, but I don't know that I can
identify what the coordinate is of the data point I'm looking at using re().
Maybe I'm just not using it properly.

What I want to do is know the actual coordinate so I can identify how far
away it is from the radar site, and then with that information decide if I
want to identify the return for that point as ground clutter and set its
value to 0.

So in short.. I need something like defval, but I need to be able to do it
during the regridding process, not involving the display in GrADS. I want to
do it before I write out the final NetCDF.

Thoughts?