[gradsusr] OpenGrADS Bundle 2.0.a8 Released!

Earnshaw, Paul paul.earnshaw at metoffice.gov.uk
Thu Jul 15 08:06:19 EDT 2010

Arlindo,

frpe at eld188:> uname -a
Linux eld188 2.6.9-89.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Apr 20 10:34:33 EDT 2009 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux
frpe at eld188:> gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-11)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.
frpe at eld188:> ldd --version
ldd (GNU libc) 2.3.4
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

I have since run the executable on a different machine and I get a more
obvious error message associated with the information you wanted:

/net/home/h01/gmdd/grads2/Contents/Linux/Versions/2.0.a8.oga.1/i686/grad
s: error while loading shared libraries: requires glibc 2.5 or later
dynamic linker

I take it this means with the current version of glibc I will not be
able to run 2.0.a8.oga.1?

Cheers,
Paul

Dr. Paul Earnshaw   Global Model Development and Diagnostics
Met Office  FitzRoy Road  Exeter  Devon  EX1 3PB  United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1392 884525  Fax: +44 (0)1392 885681
email: paul.earnshaw at metoffice.gov.uk website: www.metoffice.gov.uk

See our guide to climate change at
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climatechange/guide
<http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climatechange/guide>