WIN GRADS 2.0.a7.oga.3 - Possible Bug

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 27 23:59:01 EST 2010

Mark,

  Because I am always trying to get a relocatable solution I never make use
of the Windows registry. The only system change I make (with the user's
permission) is to add something to the path.

  Now, when you start a version of grads cygwin sets aside a chunk of shared
memory for the POSIX emulation. Since v1.9 and v2.0 uses different versions
o cygwin, running both versions without an intervening reboot could cause
problems as these shared memory chunks could be inconsistent. So, in the
machine where you are having problems, do a reboot and then try running v2.0
without having run v1.9. Any luck?

  Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva