WIN GRADS 2.0.a7.oga.3 - Possible Bug

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Wed Jan 27 22:45:47 EST 2010

Hi Arlindo,

Another finding:

I have both the 1.9 and the 2.0 Grads installtions on 2 different flash drives.

I went to a computer that has never had Grads installed, plugged in the 1.9 flash drive and fired up grads, then ran

! ls

and sucessfully received a directory listing.

Did the same thing with the Grads 2.0 flash drive (on the same computer) and also received a directory liating.

To me that suggests that indeed there is some sort of conflict occurring on the machine that has previous grads installations.

I went back to the machine that is having problems and pulled wgrib out of the path too (along with all grads path variables).

Plugged in the 1.9 flashdrive and got a Directory list, but still no luck with the 2.0 flash drive.

I also have version 1.8 installed on that machine and am thinking that maybe when I installed it I used the installer version instead of the zip installtion, and that maybe some remnants are still lurking in the registry that might be causing a conflict.  That's purely a guess though.  Not even sure that would make a difference.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark