WIN GRADS 2.0.a7.oga.3 - Possible Bug

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Wed Jan 27 22:18:13 EST 2010

Hi Arlindo,

I tried taking Grads completely out of the PATH using Control Panel>System>Advanced>Environmnet Variables>  so there is no instance of Grads present.

Then  in the .bat file I use to start-up Grads, I configured it as follows:

set PATH=c:\Program Files\OpenGrADS\Contents\Cygwin\Versions\2.0.a7.oga.2\i686;%PATH%
set PATH=c:\Program Files\ImageMagick;%PATH%
grads -blc 'test_script.gs'

When I run the .bat file, grads run fine but imagemagick hangs

Then if I reconfigure the batch file as follows (to point ot the Grads 1.9 installation) all works fine:

set PATH=C:\Program Files\PCGrADS19\win32;%PATH%
set PATH=c:\Program Files\ImageMagick;%PATH%
grads -blc 'test_snow7.gs'

I get the same results when I configure the PATH through the Control Panel (first pointing to 2.0.a7.oga.2 and then Grads 1.9)

Next

with no version of Grads specfiied in the Control Panel>....Environment Variables>

and with a shortcut pointed to Grads 2.0,

I start Grads 2.0 up and try

! ls

It hangs.

I try the same thing with another shortcut pointed to Grads 1.9

and I get a directory listing

Hmmm

Do you have any other testing scenario's I could try?

Thanks,
Mark