[gradsusr] wrf output on surface (1000 hPa)

Robert Hart rhart at fsu.edu
Tue Dec 14 18:50:46 EST 2010

Hi Jonathan,

Sounds like you wish to extrapolate, rather than interpolate, below ground to
1000mb?  As my pinterp.gs script documentation states at the beginning,

"* Note:  Areas having plev below bottom level or above upper level
*        will be undefined in output field. Extrapolation is NOT
*        performed!!"

the pinterp.gs script will not do this.

If this is not what you are trying to do -- if you wish to interpolate rather
than extrapolate -- then the script works well if used correctly.

In the latter case, I'll gladly take a look at your specific problem -- as I did
initially back in August as a reply to your email.

There is also the option of the separate fndlvl function in GrADS.

Bob Hart
FSU Meteorology