[gradsusr] Displaying data from NetCDF; outputting text files; using comparitive statistics

James Ciarlo` james.ciarlo at physics.org
Wed Dec 15 03:41:28 EST 2010

Dear Muhammad,

I am sorry it took me so long to answer. Thank you for your answer on point
2.

Regarding point 1, opening .nc files. I have attached some files.
The images from file1.jpg and file2.jpg are grads images (printim) from nc
files produced with RegCM4, one is gxout contour and the other is gxout
shaded.
The image from file3.jpg is a grads image (printim) gxout shaded for an nc
file from the ESRL database.
The last image was produced with the PANOPLY data viewer from the same file
that produced file3.jpg

As you can see the data is not being plotted with grads as with normal .ctl
files (which are working properly).
I cannot seem to understand why it is not reading it properly. Maybe there
are some definitions that I have to set? How should I check if all the
settings are correct?

Regarding point 3, I think I can do them as a normal mathematical
expression, but I'll be trying that later on.

Regards,

James