[gradsusr] wrf output on surface (1000 hPa)

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Tue Dec 14 17:57:12 EST 2010

Hello Jonathan,

I believe recent versions of ARWpost have a namelist option to extrapolate fields below ground when necessary. (The default is to set data values to missing where the pressure surface is underground.) If you use ARWpost, this is one solution. I think NCL may also be able to do vertical interpolation/extrapolation, but I'm much less familiar with it.

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Assistant Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705-3106
USA

E-mail: ela at cola.iges.org