[gradsusr] OpenGrads in Windows 7 (64-bit)

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Thu Aug 5 19:24:08 EDT 2010

On Aug 5, 2010, at 6:28 AM, Konstantinos Eleftheratos wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I' ve installed recently the Grads-2.0.a7.oga.3-win32_superpack.exe
> on my PC (64-bit system, Windows 7 Pro).
>
> I can open NETCDF files with 4 coordinates (lat, lon, lev, time) but
> cannot open files with less coordinates, i.e. with 3 coordinates
> (lat, lon, lev).
> I get a message someting like 'SDFFile does not have any time
> coordinates - using default values'.
This is not an error message, GrADS is just issuing a warning that it
is using some default values for a time axis.

> And the file is not opened.
There must be more messages to explain why the file isn't opened.
Please send the complete text from the grads session as well as the
output from 'ncdump -c' on your file. Also, you could use a descriptor
file to open this file. The sdfopen code is almost completely
different from version 1.8 and 2.0 -- we have tried to make it as
backwards compatible as possible, but there are some files that can no
longer be opened with sdfopen.
--Jennifer

> In my old PC (32-bit system, Windows XP Pro), in which I had
> installed Grads-1.8sl11-win32e, I could open all NETCDF files
> regardless the number of coordinates in the netcdf file.
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Thanks a lot, regards
> Kostas

Jennifer M. Adams