[gradsusr] OpenGrads in Windows 7 (64-bit)

Konstantinos Eleftheratos kelef at geol.uoa.gr
Thu Aug 5 06:28:03 EDT 2010

Hi everybody,

I' ve installed recently the Grads-2.0.a7.oga.3-win32_superpack.exe on my PC (64-bit system, Windows 7 Pro).

I can open NETCDF files with 4 coordinates (lat, lon, lev, time) but cannot open files with less coordinates, i.e. with 3 coordinates (lat, lon, lev).
I get a message someting like 'SDFFile does not have any time coordinates - using default values'.  And the file is not opened.

In my old PC (32-bit system, Windows XP Pro), in which I had installed Grads-1.8sl11-win32e, I could open all NETCDF files regardless the number of coordinates in the netcdf file.

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot, regards
Kostas