[gradsusr] looking for : gxyat executable for redhat linux, grads-2.0.a5 compatible

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Wed Aug 4 23:04:12 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Becker, Bernd <
bernd.becker at metoffice.gov.uk> wrote:

> Heho!
>  I am looking for an gxyat executable for redhat linux,
> that is grads-2.0.a5
> compatible.
>
> Can I "bolt it on" or do I need to re-install the whole lot?

gxyat also exists as a standalone grads metafile translator, much like
gxeps. So, you do not need to mess up your existing grads installation (our
use any opengrads distribution for that matter.) Unfortunately, I do not
distribute gxyat as a stand alone application (too much work). You would
like to get an opengads bundle distribution and pull the stand alone gxyat
out of there.  Or else, get the opengrads bundle sources and build gxyat
(you must have cairo installed.)

On the other hand, if you can, installing the latest opengrads bundle would
be the easiest.

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva