rotated coordinates & opendap

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 16 12:18:46 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Malgorzata Liszewska <
M.Liszewska at icm.edu.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have problems with rotating ncdf files through opendap:  if I download a
> file with rotated coordinates on my computer and use a suitable ctl file
> with
> pdef etc. all work excellent, but if I try to use the same ctl file to read
> file which  is on an opendap server it doesn't work.
>
> Is it possible to rotate fields using opendap connection?
> Maybe I should prepare a different ctl file??

You need to give us more information. From the gradsusr guidelines (
http://grads.iges.org/grads/users.html):

*When reporting bugs or problems, please include the following information
in your post: *

   1. *The version of GrADS you are running (it is a good idea to include
      all the output from 'q config')*
      2. *The platform you are running GrADS on (e.g. SunOS, DEC Alpha,
      Windows95...)*
      3. *A brief description of the problem*
      4. *The simplest possible script that illustrates the problem*
      5. *The error messages from GrADS*
      6. *The output from running "ncdump -c" on your NetCDF file if you're
      having trouble getting GrADS to read the file.*

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu