how to make maximum wind plot along with level showing maximum wind for each grid

Charles Seman Charles.Seman at NOAA.GOV
Tue Nov 24 14:31:54 EST 2009

Hi Phillip,

Please find attached a script "fig3ab.gs" and called script functions
"pause.gsf" and "scale_zdef_zlevs.gsf".  "scale_zdef_zlevs.gsf" makes a
local (temporary) ctl file with scaled vertical levels for plotting
purposes: here specifically to convert the original zdef zlevs values
from meters to kilometers (there may be a better way to do this; maybe
using commands "set ylab off", followed by "set yaxis ...").  I hope all
of the scripts needed for the fig3ab.gs script are attached;  if not,
please let me know.  You may have questions about these scripts; please
contact me if you do...

Hope this helps,
Chuck