concatenate defined fields in time

Stefano Materia stefano.materia at CMCC.IT
Tue Nov 24 12:36:33 EST 2009

Hello,

I have .ctl file with a monthly time series of 50 years, and I'd like to
make time series for each month. Namely, I want one variable to loop
through the 50 januaries, one to loop through the 50 februaries, etc.

example:

define jan1=field(t=1) "january of year #1" define jan2=field(t=13)
"january of year #2" ... ...

How can I define totjan = jan1 & jan2 & ......

so that

set t 1 50 d totjan

allows looping through jan1, jan2, etc... ? Is it possible to do that?

Many thanks, Stefano

--

---- PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE OF EMAIL ADDRESS ----

Stefano Materia - PhD
CMCC - Centro Euro-Mediterraneo per i Cambiamenti Climatici
Viale Aldo Moro, 44 - 40127 Bologna (ITA)
tel. +390513782676, fax +390513782655
stefano.materia at cmcc.it