how to make maximum wind plot along with level showing maximum wind for each grid

Phillip Lin naishi at METEO.MCGILL.CA
Tue Nov 24 12:40:05 EST 2009

Hi Chuck,
I also met this problem. And there are something unclear to me (only to
me!)in your last email, because:
(1) the level that has minimum temp isn't the same as the level where
there is maximum zonal wind speed;
(2) what does the meaning of the step (3) you said; sorry how can plot the
values (xloc,j,yloc,j) on a (y,z)plot (this is the cross section in the
height-latitude plane?
(3)could you be kind to tell me the basic ideas to get the maximum jet
stream, or... this means the contours of zonal wind speed in a specific
level as 250mb or ...?
(4)could you be kind to send me the script to do this plotting, and data
file too for a test.
I am quite confused about this! Thank you so much in advance!
Phillip