Memory Allocation Error: grid storage

Chris Butenhoff cbutenhoff at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 26 17:27:17 EST 2009

On my attempt to display a variable in Grads v1.9b4 I receive the following
message:

>>>Memory Allocation Error:  grid storage
>>>Data Request Error:  Error for variable 'lc'

The open file is about 600 Mb in size and has a lon/lat grid of 40320x16353.

My machine has over 3 Gb of RAM so I assume the memory limit must be set in
Grads.

Searching the archives I find the following info:

>>> "The limit of the cache size is (for now) hard-coded in gaio around
>>> line 76:
>>> #define MAXG2CACHE 500100100
>>> You can change this and recompile if you want to limit or expand your
>>> memory usage."

Before attempting, does anyone have experience with this problem, and is
this the right fix?

Thanks!

_Chris