possible to improve Grads for some deficiencies?

Pablo Romero romero619 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 26 15:14:06 EST 2009

The 'gs script' parsing code relies on the final 'return/newline' character in order to acknowledge the 'end' of a line of commands in a script file; if it doesnt find the newline character at the end of a line, it simply ignores/discards any commands that it found on that specific line. This is why the last line of a script file requires the newline character; to 'complete' the line & allow the parser to continue...

This should be fix-able, but it would require the developers at COLA to make the change, since it involves making changes to the core of the GRADS source code.

if you're interested, this code is found in the gscrpt.c source code file within the GRADS source; its the *gsrtyp function that contains this code.

Pablo