Need help to reinstall windows version of GrADS properly (OS: Windows Vista)

See Hai Ooi axl419 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 11 04:31:45 EST 2009

Dear Sir,

       In my previous email, I mentioned that there is a possible bug in gv32 for v2.0.a7.oga.3.  I therefore copied the gv32.exe from GrADS19 (in my thumdrive) into the subdirectory of the latest windows version to resolve my problem.  However, of late I encountered another result display problem.  I made a mistake in the number of levels (41 instead of 95) inside the my control file for computing equivalent potential temperature.  In this latest version, it showed contour display in sawtoothed form with exponential (+e08) values.  But it displayed the right smooth contour values (of ~ 300K) in GrADS19 and v2.0.a5.oga.4 (by uninstalling the latest version and reinstalling the a5 version).  Unfortunately, when I uninstalled and reinstalled again the v2.0.a5.oga.4, I could not run grads at all as it displayed "error in GXSTRT: unable to connect to X server".  I have to resort to GrADS19 in my thumdrive to do my work.   Please help me to resolve this
 problem in using a5 version.  Also, is there another possible bug in the a7 version as shown by my thetha computation ?

       Thank you and best regards.

OOI See Haio

      Get your new Email address!