Running Scripts in GrADS 207oga3

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 10 23:00:26 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 3:27 PM, mmacleod <mmacleod at scotiaweather.com>wrote:

> Good afternoon.
>
> I have been using GrADS since 1998.
>
> Prior to version 207oga3, when one had scripts to use, they were placed in
> the lib subdirectory under GrADS main directory.  Each version of GrADS had
> a lib subdirectory.
>
> I think you mean under WIndows...

> In version 207oga3 there is a scripts subdirectory but no lib subdirectory.
>  There are many scripts located there that are in lib in earlier versions.

That is right, the directories have been reorganized.

> I wanted to run a script so I put it in scripts with the other scripts.
>  However, when I go run script name.gs  the GrADS can't find it.

This is strange. Are you sure you put your script under

C:\OpenGrADS\Contents\Resources\Scripts

> Question:  Should one create a lib subdirectory and place all  scripts that
> one will  use in there or was the intend of the new version to  have
>  scripts in scripts and  no lib

That is right

> and the compile is wrong.

Can GrADS find the other scripts in there? Say,

ga-> run rgbmap256

> A quick answer will be greatly appreciated.

There are 2 ways of doing this. The simplest is to deposit your scripts
under

C:\OpenGrADS\Contents\Resources\Scripts

This replaces the old lib directory in the new OpenGrADS directory
structure; you can read more about it here:

   http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=The_OpenGrADS_Bundle

Or else create a directory of your choice and put your scripts there. Then,
set the environment variable GASCRP to point to this directory.

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu