Updated plotskew.gs routine

Robert Hart rhart at FSU.EDU
Fri Aug 7 15:53:21 EDT 2009

GrADS Users,

For the first time in seven years I've updated the plotskew.gs SkewT/LogP function.

Improvements include:
  * Replacement of old CAPE/CIN function to a version more precise and with more options, from
    converting George Bryan (NCAR)'s Fortran90 version to GrADS scripting. (Thank you George).

  * Finally utilizing the math_* intrinsic functions to speed up performance.

  * Fixing a few bugs related to interacting options.

  * Adding color to a few additional features to improve visibility.

Given the improvement and accuracy in the CAPE/CIN calculations of this version, I strongly recommend anyone who uses plotskew.gs (which I believe is in the hundreds by now) to grab the latest version at:

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/~rhart/software/skew.html

Please do check back at this URL occasionally for additional small bug fixes and improvements as they may occur.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or problems.

Bob Hart
Assoc. Professor
FSU Meteorology