New Release 2.0.a7

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Fri Aug 7 12:01:27 EDT 2009

Dear All,
I have posted a new version of GrADS: 2.0.a7. The GrADS downloads web
page (http://iges.org/grads/downloads.html) has been updated with
links to the source code and a few pre-compiled binaries. This release
has some nice new features:

     * New interface for the HDF5 data format
        http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/SDFdescriptorfile.html

     * New options for templating on Julian Day and Time axis indices
        http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/templates.html

     * New "offt" syntax for variable specification to express time as
an
       offset from the variable's initial time instead of an absolute
value
        http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/variable.html
        http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/offt.html

     * New function eloop() for obtaining E-varying results from
expressions
       that are unable to operate when E is a varying dimension
        http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradfunceloop.html

     * New option for contour labels: 'set clab masked'
       This creates gaps in the contour lines for the labels, so
rectangles
       for the label background are not drawn; contour labels never
overlap.
        http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetclab.html

Other enhancements in this build that may be of interest:

     * Fixed sdfopen/xdfopen to detect only those data variables whose
       dimensions match all of the grid dimensions

     * Added isnan() and isinf() tests at initial I/O

Enjoy!

--
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA