Possible PrintIM Bug in GrADS 2.0 (PC Version)

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Wed Apr 22 15:16:59 EDT 2009

Hello,
I noticed some strange behavior in the 'printim' function in Open Grads
ver 2.0.a5.oga.4 for Windows in batch mode.

When invoking the 'background' option (-b), it does not work. No output is
produced and no error is displayed. The script appears to run to
completion but no printed output is produced.

The 'foreground' (-f) option works fine.

I wrote a basic script to duplicate this problem, and switch the path
between GrADS 1.9 and 2.0.  Everything runs fine in 1.9, but not so much
in 2.0.

Looking at the Documentation Index, it does not appear that there is any
functionailty change between the 2 versions with regards to the -b option.

I can provide the script and supporting files if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Mark