setup a Window button of changing current working directory

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 22 17:36:56 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Hai-Ru Chang <hrc at eas.gatech.edu> wrote:

> Hello,       Is there any way in GAGUI to set up an Window Button than
> will change current working directory for you.  The purpose of the button is
> to make the file list in 'open'' menu item to list the files in the
> directory that you want.  Thanks!

Short answer: no.

Longer answer:   the chdir() function is a very needed functionality in
grads; I've been thinking about implementing it as an opengrads extension
(along with other POSIX functionality). Having that command, you can create
a simple GAGUI button to run chdir().

            Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva