Parameter Table

Michel dos Santos Mesquita mmeclimate at MAC.COM
Wed Mar 19 12:13:28 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use grib2ctl to create a control file to a variable I
had saved in grib format in GrADS. I saved the variable using the
fwrite command. This variable was created in GrADS from another grib
file that I had opened previously. The original grib file had a
parameter table.

Grib2ctl uses the file's parameter table to identify the
characteristics of my data, right? However, saving a grib file using
GrADS does not produce a parameter table. For example, if I use wgrib
to read my file created from GrADS, nothing is displayed.

How can I create a parameter table for the variable I am saving in
GrADS and how can I incorporate the table into the grib file?

I have another question, I'm plotting some trajectories, and I need to
plot them on an a map with no other data (empty map). If I type 'draw
map', it draws the map without gridlines, lat, lon, etc. I'm plotting
the trajectories using 'draw line' only. How can I create an empty map
with all of the characteristics of  a 'normal' map in GrADS?

I thank you in advance!

Kindest regards,

Michel Mesquita
http://web.mac.com/mmeclimate