user defined extensions installing problems

Don Hooper hoop at COLORADO.EDU
Thu Mar 6 18:59:36 EST 2008

> This is strange. The user says that he can run v2 just fine, but when trying
> v1.9.0-rc1 he gets the following error message:
>
> ***
> >./gradsnc
> ld.so.1: gradsnc: fatal: libXext.so.6.3: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> Killed
> ***
>
> Since libXext.so.6.3 is used in both builds I don't understand how this is
> possible.
> Xiaofeng: can you confirm?
>
>          Arlindo
Arlindo,

I misspoke slightly before.  My grads2 build has dependencies on
libX11 version 4, and libXext version 0.  It appears I was less
careful about X11 libraries in my grads2 builds, but the net result
is my grads2 builds have dependencies that are more frequently met.

-Hoop