Combining vector components from 2 files

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Mon Mar 3 16:54:50 EST 2008

John,

Try....

sdfopen uwind.nc
sdfopen vwind.nc
set gxout vector
d uwind;vwind.2

That's assuming uwind and vwind are the correpsonding variable names.

Stephen

"John C. Earls" <jcearls at ILSTU.EDU>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
03/03/2008 03:33 PM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Combining vector components from 2 files

Hello All,

I would appreciate any assistance.

I am working with 2 netcdf files that each have a component of a wind
vector in them.  The problem I am encountering is that GrADS seems to only
allow me to access the File 1 data for display.  Whenever I try to access
the variable for file 2 I get an error.  Is there a way to scope the
variable so it knows to grab the v vector value from file 1 and the u
vector value from file 2?

Basically what want to do is

sdfopen uwind.nc vwin.nc

set gxout vector

d file1.uwind; file2.vwind

This is probably a real newbie question, but I have looked all over the
documentation and not found anything.

Thanks,

John C. Earls

--
If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you
as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.