Combining vector components from 2 files

John C. Earls jcearls at ILSTU.EDU
Mon Mar 3 16:33:17 EST 2008

Hello All,

I would appreciate any assistance.

I am working with 2 netcdf files that each have a component of a wind vector
in them.  The problem I am encountering is that GrADS seems to only allow me
to access the File 1 data for display.  Whenever I try to access the
variable for file 2 I get an error.  Is there a way to scope the variable so
it knows to grab the v vector value from file 1 and the u vector value from
file 2?

Basically what want to do is

sdfopen uwind.nc vwin.nc

set gxout vector

d file1.uwind; file2.vwind

This is probably a real newbie question, but I have looked all over the
documentation and not found anything.

Thanks,

John C. Earls

--
If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as
though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.  -