help

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 27 22:52:57 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:47 PM, wilfredo burgoa <anwibuma at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Arlindo,
>
>  Help me, please.  I have two data files with extension *.nc and would want
> to carry out the difference between the archives soon to be read with
> GrADS???.  For example: uwnd20C.nc-uwndA2.nc.

I am not quite sure what you mean by "soon to be read with GrADS"...
If each one of your files are GrADS readable, then you can compute the
difference trivially with lats4d. From the OS command line:

% lats4d.sh -nc -i uwnd20C.nc -j uwndA2.nc -func '@.1- at .2' -o uwnd_diff -v

will create file uwnd_diff.nc with the desired difference. If the
individual files are not GrADS readable you will need to address that
first, either with a DDF (easier) or with a CTL (more flexible).
Consult the User's Guide for details.

   BTW, please post questions like this to gradsusr and *not* directly
to me. I am much more likely to answer a GrADS related question on
gradsusr then on my personal inbox. Besides, you will have the benefit
of many other  knowledgeable users out there, and the answer may
benefit other users as well.

  Thank you,

    Arlindo

--