skipping time

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Thu Jul 3 13:06:32 EDT 2008

Herbert,
You could also try using the "skip" command. Perhaps something like this
will also work for you:

set time 00z01jun2007 00z01jul2007
set missconn on   (if connecting lines desired, as Mike suggested)
d skip(air,4)

Above should display data only at 00z timesteps (assuming 4x daily as in
your sample).

Stephen McMillan

Mike Bosilovich <mike.bosilovich at GMAIL.COM>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
07/03/2008 11:24 AM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Re: skipping time

I came up with a way to do this. It is not elegant, but works, and I would
be happy to see another option. The idea is to maskout all other times
except the one you want to plot. However, grads won't let you take a
single time variable, and expand that into a time series so that it can
mask the other times. So, here goes, for 00Z:

set time 18Z1Jul2004 00Z2Jul2004
define m1=1
set time 00Z2Jul2004 06Z2Jul2004
define m2=1
set time 00Z2Jul2004 18Z2jul2004
define m3=m2*m1                         *m3=1 at 00Z2Jul, undef all others
modify m3 diurnal                          * now m3=1 for all 00Z

set time 00Z1Jul2004 18Z31jul2004
display var*m3

The display should have a time series of 00Z points. If you want those
points connected then prior to display, set missconn on.

Hope it helps,

Mike

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 3:28 AM, Maat, Herbert ter <Herbert.termaat at wur.nl>