skipping time

Mike Bosilovich mike.bosilovich at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 3 12:24:01 EDT 2008

I came up with a way to do this. It is not elegant, but works, and I would
be happy to see another option. The idea is to maskout all other times
except the one you want to plot. However, grads won't let you take a single
time variable, and expand that into a time series so that it can mask the
other times. So, here goes, for 00Z:

set time 18Z1Jul2004 00Z2Jul2004
define m1=1
set time 00Z2Jul2004 06Z2Jul2004
define m2=1
set time 00Z2Jul2004 18Z2jul2004
define m3=m2*m1                         *m3=1 at 00Z2Jul, undef all others
modify m3 diurnal                          * now m3=1 for all 00Z

set time 00Z1Jul2004 18Z31jul2004
display var*m3

The display should have a time series of 00Z points. If you want those
points connected then prior to display, set missconn on.

Hope it helps,

Mike