user defined functions with varying z or t... does it work in grads2.0?

Henrique Barbosa hmjbarbosa at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 29 10:08:34 EST 2008

Dear all,

User defined functions in grads are an extremely useful and
powerfull feature. However, I never managed to use it with data
varying in either z or t coordinates, even though the user manual
says it should work. Apparently, this possibility is not implemented
(at least that's what I understood from previous messages).

Since new grads is out, I wonder if this issue is fixed. Can anyone
tell if grads2.0 allows user defined functions with varying z or t?
If not, what are the plans to implement that?

I nice application would be to do a time fourier transform.
I haven't figured out how to do that from grads without UDF...

Thanks,
Henrique