Cnvgrib on FreeBSD?

Valerio Guerra meteo at SPORT123.IT
Fri Feb 29 07:02:24 EST 2008

Pierre Cassar wrote:
> I "discovered" a statically compiled version for Linux RH4
> (http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/codes/GRIB2/cnvgrib)
> so I tried to use it on FreeBSD in linux emulation mode
> but it didn't worked

I'm not sure we both have the same 'cnvgrib' version for Linux but mine (1738330 bytes) worked on FreeBSD 6.3 in Linux Binary Compatibility.

Anyway I think that's better to have a real FreeBSD 6 binary... Unfortunately FreeBSD is a very good and widely used OS but very hard to use in the "scientific comunity" above all if you are not a computer programmer.

Best regards and good luck.

Valerio Guerra