Small correction to the wiki at OpenGrADS.org

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 26 12:24:13 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Christian Marquardt <
marquardt.christian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I think there's a small mistake in the build instructions for GrADS
> 1.9 in the wiki at OpenGrADS.... At
>

> http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Building_GrADS_v1.9_from_Sources
>
> it is suggested to unpack the source code tar archive for the
> supplementary libraries and then create a symbolic link named
> 'supplibs' pointing to the top level directory of the supplementary
> libraries. Building the GrADS binaries later on also requires a
> symbolic link named 'supplib, but that seems to be required to point
> to the (platform dependent) *installation* directory within the
> unpacked supplibs.  For example, running a 'gmake install' might
> create the supplemental binaries and libraries in
>
>   .../supplibs-2.0.1/i686-pc-linux-gnu
>
> In this case, the 'supplibs' symlink needs to point to the above
> instead of just supplibs-2.0.1 before the actual GrADS build works.
>
> Maybe someone could correct that the wiki? Thanks,

Can you? I just sent you a userid/passwd. Just logon and click on "edit".
Also, add any platform specific notes you can contribute.

  Thanks,

        Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva