Build Grads with dods 1.9.0-rc1 on Suse 10.3

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 26 10:25:19 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Steven Weiss <sweiss at iafrica.com> wrote:

>  Hi Arlindo,
>
> It now seems to work.

You mean, the standard i686 binaries for v1.9.0-rc1 work on SuSe 10.3?

> Not sure why but it does.

I am glad it does...

> Maybe I got something from 1.8 in the PATH.
> I also downloaded your SuSe precompiled and it work there as well. Only
> other thing is that I have a udunits.dat file in folder /dat directory and
> I see your compiled one doesnt.

The file "udunits.dat" should be found in "GADDIR"; make sure to set this
environment variable.

> Another issue (which I can live with) is that the script I wrote is not
> being picked up in the GDSCRP path i.e. /lib. I have to run script with
> full path to it.

The correct name of the environment variable is "GASCRP".

> Thanks again! Sorry for the bother. I wish I could explain how this is now
> working.

I've been bitten by thinks like this in the past as well. Now I always do
something like "./gradsdods" to be 100% sure of what I am executing.

I'm cc'ing gradsusr for the record.

 Good Luck with your work,

       Arlindo

--