Build Grads with dods 1.9.0-rc1 on Suse 10.3

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 24 16:15:25 EST 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 5:24 AM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 10:44:02AM +0200, Steven Weiss wrote:
> > Hi Arlindo,
> >
> > OK, udunits did not compile as you suggested. I get the following error
> below using make make-3.81-66. Any ideas? I'm not that great with
> Makefiles.
> >
> > Makefile:605: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/wavescape/grads-1.9.0-rc1
> /supplibs/src/udunits
>
> That's a bit strange.

Agreed, I see no "%" at all in my Makefile, not sure what automake is doing
on SuSe.

> If there is a udunits package on suse, you could
> check what patch it has in it. I have just checked the fedora one, there
> are some patches, none seems relevant here. Also maybe Arlindo did
> already some changes. I attach the 2 patches for reference.

I haven't applied these particular patches but I managed to cope with the
issues they are trying to address. For example, the cfortran issue was
addressed from the top GNUmakefile with the CPPFLAGS, while the perl issue
was dealt with by not building the perl interface (which we do not need).
The 64-bit patch does not seem relevant as we are not installing to the
system tree. As much as I can I try not to patch the sources.

The only patch I made was this one, otherwise I am using plain vanilla
udunits v1.12.4:

RCS file: /cvsroot/opengrads/supplibs/src/udunits/lib/utlib.c,v
retrieving revision 1.1.1.1
retrieving revision 1.2
diff -r1.1.1.1 -r1.2
2c2
<  * $Id: utlib.c,v 1.1.1.1 2007/08/24 15:07:38 dasilva Exp $
---
>  * $Id: utlib.c,v 1.2 2007/08/25 19:28:06 dasilva Exp $
1114c1114,1115
<         path    = getenv("UDUNITS_PATH");
---
>       /*ams  path    = getenv("UDUNITS_PATH"); ams*/
>         path    = getenv("GADDIR");

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva