Buffer stack limit exceeded in gxshad

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Wed Feb 20 09:20:32 EST 2008

This message comes when the variable stkcnt exceeds a hard-coded
limit of 500 (see gxshad.c  at line 24):
#define XYBMAX 500

I'm not sure where this limit comes from, but it could probably be
significantly increased and not break anything. If you are building
GrADS from source, try doubling it and see whether your plot finishes
drawing without any error messages. I will consult with Brian and
we'll change this value for a new release of GrADS 2.0. What kind of
data resolution were you using when you got this error?
Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA