Need a hint - how to automatically draw "H" and "L" into a pressure chart

Patrick Reuter preuter at LABRI.FR
Tue Feb 19 05:19:49 EST 2008

Hi there,

concerning

ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/sprite/udf/udf.clhilo.tar

:

I tested the script, works fine (after some small installation problems).

However, it seems that the script draws "relative" highs and lows --
that means that you can encounter a low which is 1020 hPA, or a high
that is 1010 hPA ...

To solve this, in philo2.gs, just add in line 104 :

  if ((val<=1013 & maxormin = "min") | (val>=1013 & maxormin = "max"))

(or whatever threshold other than 1013 you like)

and the corresponding 'endif' after the draw commands.

Cheers
   Patrick