Need a hint - how to automatically draw "H" and "L" into a pressure chart

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Mon Feb 18 18:03:46 EST 2008

Ah! So you meant how to auto-find the H and L locations, not just draw the
symbols.  You can use a combination of the maxloc and max, or minloc and
min, functions. I would check out the clhilo udf that Matias suggested
(thanks for mentioning, Matias). I have not used that one personally. Let
us know if it works for your project!

Stephen
'

Stefan Gofferje <gradsusers at GOFFERJE.HOMELINUX.ORG>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
02/18/2008 04:33 PM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT by 02/20/2008

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Re: Need a hint - how to automatically draw "H" and "L" into a  pressure
chart

Hi,

Stephen R McMillan schrieb:
> For "H" example, try
> 'draw string 'x' 'y' H' where x and y are screen coordinates. Use 'set
> font...',  'set strsiz...' and 'set string...' before the draw for
> additional controls.

I see, I really did not find the right words... :).
What I meant was a formula or an expression how to draw a "H" to the
right place to mark a high pressure area.

So I have a grid with pressure data and I want to have "H" and "L"
automatically drawn to the right places i.e. where the pressure is high
or low.

I have been experimenting with maskout() but this is not satisfactory as
I couldn't get letters from this and as "H" and "L" are pretty relative
marks, depending on the synoptic situation.

Tervehdys Suomesta,
Stefan Gofferje

--
Since light travels faster than sound, is that why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak?

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.