grads2 status report (problem displaying grib2 data in grads2 on x86_64)

Stefan Gofferje gradsusers at GOFFERJE.HOMELINUX.ORG
Wed Feb 13 13:11:55 EST 2008

Hi,

Oliver König schrieb:
> hi stefan,
> can you display grib2 data with grads2?

I guess, it's grib2 :). I use Wesley's get_gfs.pl and IIRC, the NCEP
nowadays only provide grib2 :).
No, serious, I am sure... It's all grib2.

The compiling was a pain!
See the thread about compiling grads2.
("Compiling grads2.0a - how to configure and how to compile?")

I downloaded the supplib sources from Sourceforge and managed to compile
grads2 - however _only_ with grib2-support, which is enough for me.
I then created a static binary.

Then I downloaded grib2 package from Wesley and with some help from
Wesley (s. "NOAA / NCEP GRIB2 files: Syntax Error: Invalid Date/Time
value. Hour = 24 -- greater than 23"), I managed to build a static
wgrib2 without the ffastmath-bug.

That's basically all... :) Just some 30 hours work :).

Besides, at

ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/2.0/

there is a statically link binary distribution of grads2 for X64. If you
grab this, you'd only need wgrib2...

Tervehdys Suomesta,
Stefan Gofferje

--
Since light travels faster than sound, is that why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak?