scorr / tcorr

Teddy Allen teddyallen at YAHOO.COM
Mon Feb 11 23:11:47 EST 2008

Dear GrADS users,
I am a new GrADS user and am seeking information on
how to correlate two different geographic locations.

For example, I would like to correlate the
precipitation during various times around Jamaica
(16-20N, 80-75W) with surface pressures associated
with the North Atlantic Subtropical High near 35N,40W.

Scorr appears to work when the two functions are
within the same geographic domain and tcorr appears to
relate to a time series correlation.

Is it possible to A)plot an image where regional
precip bounded by the Jamaican area is spatially
correlated to SLP outside of the Jamaican region and
B) use scorr to calculate a correlation between two
separate geographic locations?

Thank you for any assistance, advice, or direction.
Sincerely,
teddy allen

To move quickly, go alone. To move far, go together.