V1.8.11 does not open flat file on Vista PC

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at ALUM.MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 7 22:19:25 EST 2008

Herb,

  First things first. I converted your flat file to netcdf using lats4d on
windows, using v1.9.0-rc1 on XP box:

ga-> lats4d -i LMmaskN.ctl -o LMmaskN -v

  See if you can read it with v1.8SL11 on Vista.

ga-> sdfopen lmmaskn.nc

I am able to read this netcdf file and see a mask inside Lake Michigan.
(BTW, I used to teach at UWM in Milwaukee in the early 1990s; at the time I
was doing Lake Michigan modeling and even created a Lake Michigan surface
marine climatology based on a century of historical ship data. It brings
memories to see a Lake Michigan plot again...)

I'll follow up with the v1.9.0-rc1 debugging on vista on a separate message.

           Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu