Displaying Wind components U, V and Temperature

Felix Schneiders schnoppo at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 4 06:15:44 EDT 2007

Hello,

I would like to display Variables like Temperature
TMPBLR and zonal/meridional Wind components
UGRDBLR/VGRDBLR in grads. How do I proceed? My tries
were erroneous. See below:

ga-> query file 1
File 1 : lfff00003000
  Descriptor: z03.ctl
  Binary: lfff00003000
  Type = Gridded
  Xsize = 51  Ysize = 7  Zsize = 41  Tsize = 1
  Number of Variables = 5
    dzdthbl 41 40 ** Geometric vertical velocity [m/s]
    presblr 40 1 ** Pressure [Pa]
    tmpblr 40 11 ** Temp. [K]
    ugrdblr 40 33 ** u wind [m/s]
    vgrdblr 40 34 ** v wind [m/s]
ga-> d tmpblr
Cannot contour grid - all undefined values
Error opening stroke character data set
  Data set names = /usr/local/lib/grads/font0.dat ;
font0.dat
ga-> d ugrdblr
Cannot contour grid - all undefined values
Error opening stroke character data set
  Data set names = /usr/local/lib/grads/font0.dat ;
font0.dat

I am working on a domain which is 51 grid points in x
direction, has 41 layers in z height direction, and 7
in y direction (from which I only need one layer with
y =4). If anyone knows how to do this, I would be
grateful. Thank you.

Felix Schneiders