displaying problem

Leva Djoneidi leva.djoneidi at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 5 11:43:04 EDT 2007

Dear Christoph,
I have one file (file1) that I use first on its own and display something
with it (display1).
Then I have 3 files (meanfiles) that have the same size and I use to display
a mean value with them (displaymean).
(file1) and (meanfiles) do not have the same size.
Each display works on its own.
When I first display the mean (displaymean), then do a set dfile #(file1)
and display (display1), it also works.
But if I first open file1 and display (display1), and then want to do a mean
with the meanfiles (which are now number 2,3,4), it doesnt understand the
mean.
I tried to open file 1 then close it and then open the 3 meanfiles and do a
mean (var.2+var.3+var.4)/but it says 'request beyond file limits'.
If I didnt need to do a mean, I could set dfile #file display, then do
another set dfile #file and display, but when I get to the meanfiles, I
cannot do set #file because there are 3 files, and it doesnt understand the
var.#meanfile1, var.#meanfile2...

Do even my meanfiles and file1 have to have the same size, do you think its
another problem...?

Thank you for your help

Leva