Displaying several variables in one graph

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at ARPAL.ORG
Mon Jan 8 07:49:29 EST 2007

try this:
'set vrange 'your_minimum' 'your_maximum
use 'ylab on'
and don't use 'set yaxis'

it should work
bye bye
Davide

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 12:18 +0200, Maluta Mbedzi wrote:
> Hi
>

> I would like to display four different variables in one x-y plane. The
> first variable ranges from 1000 to 1500 units, and the last one ranges
> from 60000 to 72000 units. I made use of the script below. When I
> display them without setting “ylab off”, I get three four different
> y-axes, and when I set “ylab off”, only one variable displays
> correctly. Would you please advice on how I can deal with this
> problem.
>

> 'reinit'
>
> 'open observ.ctl'
>
> 'set t 1'
>
> 'q time'
>
> res = subwrd(result,3)
>
> cday = substr(res,4,2)
>
> cmonth = substr(res,6,3)
>
> cyear = substr(res,9,4)
>
> 'set grid on'
>
> 'set grads off'
>
> 'set t 1 31'
>
> 'set yaxis 0 72000 1500'
>
> 'd adpsfc'
>
> ‘set ylab off’
>
> 'd adpupa'
>
> ‘set ylab off’
>
> 'd airsfc'
>
> ‘set ylab off’
>
> 'd sfcshp'
>
> 'draw title ADPSFC(y) ADPUPA(g) AIRCFT(w) SFCSHP(r)'
>
> 'enable print obs.gmf'
>
> 'print'
>
> 'disable print'
>
> '!gxgif -r -x 800 -y 600 -i obs.gmf -o
> observ_graph/observ_'cday''cmonth''cyear'.gif'
>

> 'quit'
>

> Regards
>
> Maluta

> This e-mail is subject to South African Weather Service e-mail legal
> notice, to view click here

Sacchetti Davide
ARPAL UO3 Centro Meteo Idrologico Regione Liguria - Dir. Scientifica
V.le Brigare Partigiane 2 16121 Genova (I)
tel: +39 010 6437535
mail: davide.sacchetti at arpal.org   web: www.meteoliguria.it