Help with Data Analysis

Chi Nguyen Chi.Nguyen at SCI.MONASH.EDU.AU
Sat Feb 10 08:40:10 EST 2007

Hi Idowu,

I have an idea which may help to solve your problem.

1) Make a mask field, with has value =1 at your 36 selected grid points, and =0 elsewhere. Say, its name is mask

2) Suppose the variable you need to analyse is F. Then define:
  F_new=mask*F
so F_new will be equal F at that 36 points, and 0 elsewhere.

3) It will be easy to find max and min of F_new. In the case that F is all positive or negative, you will need to do two times:
i.e. for finding max do as above, but for finding min
  F_new=-1*mask*F

Hope that this makes sense to you. Good luck!

Cheers, Mai

--
Nguyen Chi Mai