Fwrite Gr2stn Output

Jennifer M. Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Fri Feb 2 17:33:51 EST 2007

The 'set gxout fwrite' option doesn't work with station expressions,
which is what gr2stn returns. You need to wrap your expression inside
a s2g1d ("station to grid 1D") call, to change your time series at an
interpolated location back into a grid type. Then fwrite will work.
Jennifer

On Feb 2, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Stephen R McMillan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to fwrite time series output, for a point using the
> gr2stn interpolation function? I can do it for a specified
> gridpoint, but not for an interpolated point using gr2stn. For
> example:
>
> I can do following without a problem (say, output from the GFS model):
>
> set t 1 last
> set lat 40
> set lon -76
> set gxout fwrite
> set fwrite d:\temp\test.dat
> d tmp2m-273.16
> disable fwrite
>
> However, using same file and settings but for a point interpolated
> to -75.83 and 40.05:
>
> d gr2stn(tmp2m-273.16, -75.83, 40.05)
>
> Above will display fine on screen, but will not fwrite to specified
> file. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated (including "not
> possible"). I am aware there are other methods such as using the
> 'set gxout print' and write functions, for example (and have used
> successfully), but it would be much simpler and more efficient to
> output to a binary file using fwrite.
>
> Thanks--
> Stephen McMillan
> Planalytics

> The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
> for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain
> information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or
> distribute this message. If you have received this communication in
> error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete
> the original message.

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302