Fwrite Gr2stn Output

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Fri Feb 2 13:01:50 EST 2007

Hello,

Is it possible to fwrite time series output, for a point using the gr2stn
interpolation function? I can do it for a specified gridpoint, but not for
an interpolated point using gr2stn. For example:

I can do following without a problem (say, output from the GFS model):

set t 1 last
set lat 40
set lon -76
set gxout fwrite
set fwrite d:\temp\test.dat
d tmp2m-273.16
disable fwrite

However, using same file and settings but for a point interpolated to
-75.83 and 40.05:

d gr2stn(tmp2m-273.16, -75.83, 40.05)

Above will display fine on screen, but will not fwrite to specified file.
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated (including "not possible"). I am
aware there are other methods such as using the 'set gxout print' and
write functions, for example (and have used successfully), but it would be
much simpler and more efficient to output to a binary file using fwrite.

Thanks--
Stephen McMillan
Planalytics

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.